Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sanjay Du(h)tt - Ek zor ka jhatka jo zor se hee lagay

This is one guy I had decided to like when all my classmates were drooling over Kumar Gaurav ( sic!). 'Rocky' and 'Love Story' were released around the same time. Now when I think of it, they were both equally underserving of any adulation. But hey...we were all 14-ish I think, in the throes of hormonal confusion. Anything cute and male was droolworthy. They all HATED Sanjay Dutt, the mountain goat with dopey eyes. They were all singing "Dekho maine dekha hai" while I hummed "Aa dekhein zara". I was the only girl in my school who bought SD postcards when all the KG ones were sold out. 25 paise per piece too and I had no-one to send them to because nobody wanted them! I guess I was a wannabe social activist even back then and stood alone in my support for the underdog. Suddenly things changed and Sanjay Dutt was a star and Kumar Gaurav was gobbled up by some black hole. (Small mercies)

But SD makes big mistakes and doesn't learn from them. And now, it is as if nobody expects him to. I can't even fool myself into imagining that the 'poor chap' is jinxed anymore. He just seems beyond caring. He knows he can go utterly wrong and still be loved by the masses. His joker is his ace and he knows it. Today he's proven that he's only another Punjabi MCP who can't get over his 'manhood'. Well, he's just lost his first fan completely and forever with THIS though I've been drifting that way for very long.

I think if Sunil Dutt and Nargis were to sit judgement on the surname issue, they'd be prouder of their daughters than their wayward son whom they obviously loved but also lost....to his own stupidity.

AND, he's entering Politics? DOWN DOWN!! Mahila Morcha...jaago re!!

Addendum: WTH????? WAKE UP INDIA...for God's sake! Who is this Amar Singh? Who is Manyata? What is Sanjay Dutt? WTH?????????????? Where are we headed? If people make up a country, what is patriotism? Must I feel a bond with these losers? Argh!

Add II: OMG!

4 comments:

Ugich Konitari said...

On a serious note, if you look at all his activities since he lost his mother, its been all downhill. Drugs, rehabilitation, crime, movies, irresponsibility. I often wonder how a family that produced Priya Dutt , produced this guy. And I think the roots go back to the mother giving everything to the guy on a platter, spoiling him completely, and see where he has landed up. Learned nothing from his father. The "Zor ka jhatka" needs to be really heavily Zor ka....

A.I. said...

Spare the rod wala case lagta hai..unless the MCPism is genetic and he was the SON they longed for. Well...I hope we don't get stuck with him as a politician now in any post of power. That would really be a shame!

Web Master said...

Sanjay does not have a brain of his own. These words are fed to him from his bosses (read amar and mulayam). And knowing the level of people we have in this country - he will become MP one day.

What these cricketers and film star turned politicians are doing? Nothing! Look at Shatrudhan, Jaya Bachhan, Jaya Prada, Siddhu, Dharmendra? How much they have for the country? Zero.

And coming general elections we will bring them again back to parliament.

Sanjay should be punished for his words - you can not go away with this. Let the women of Lucknow revolt agains him and decide not to vote for him.

A.I. said...

Not meaning to sound like Raj Thackray ...but Sunjay Dutt and Lucknow? Connection samajh mein nahi aaya.