Thursday, January 29, 2009

Abhi toh main....


Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and thinking, surely I can't look that old. well.. you'll love this one.

My name is Alice Smith and I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist. I noticed his dds diploma, which bore his full name. Suddenly, I remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 40-odd years ago. Could he be the same guy that I had a secret crush on, way back then? Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought. This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate. After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Morgan Park High School."Yes. Yes, I did. I'm a mustang," he gleamed with pride."When did you graduate?" I asked.He answered , "In 1959. why do you ask?""You were in my class!", I exclaimed.

The wrinkled, fat ass, gray-haired, decrepit @$#*&^%! asked,"Really? What did you teach?"

!!

11 comments:

CAT said...

hehehe !!

Fortunately I am stuck in the "32_year_old groove...one of my anthems is "I will be 32 till I die"....no matter what anybody says! :-)

Wonder how it would feel to be a Benjamin Button!?

A.I. said...

:)))))) One is only as old as one feels.

Wait a minute...that must mean I'm 80 most of the time. Humphhhhhhh!

DK said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!First I laughed at the comment u wrote and now I am laughing at this one! Girl, you wud have made Ex- PM Narasimha Rao live a few years more if he had you next to him! He would have laughed!

I dread something like this to happen..Reality Check - stop procastinating and hit the gym!!!!!! ;-)

A.I. said...

Oh ya, gym...reading your daily blog = half a million calories! I wonder if NR was related to Anjelina Jolie...that pout...hmm!

Vinod_Sharma said...

Terrific little story...as you grow older, you think you are still look '32' while the guy next to you who thinks the same looks the 62 he is!

A.I. said...

Taking a break from politics I see! :)

Vinod_Sharma said...

I am not a dull 'boy'!

A.I. said...

A well dressed, debonair man in his mid nineties enters an upscale cocktail lounge and finds a seat next to a good looking, younger woman in her mid eighties, at the most. Trying to remember his best pick-up line, he says, "So tell me, do I come here often?"

.......

One for the road!

A.I. said...

erm, Vinod, wasn't suggesting that you were. :)

Vinod_Sharma said...

And she says, " I haven't seen you here in 25 years!"

A.I. said...

Ayyo Rama!