Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ponal pogattum, poda

Diplomacy, I’ve realized, is the art of making a U turn where there is none and putting another in the tight spot of pointing it out to the sweetheart....copyright Anita Iyer

I don’t have that talent sadly. When I make a U turn, there are tyres screeching and a round of apologies for being wrong. I wonder if hypocrisy is something one is born with or acquires over one’s lifetime preferring being numb and 'liked' to being alive to the truth. Friends, bought with words I don’t mean would be worth little to me. So why would I make that compromise with my soul?

Silence is a blessing I’ve absolutely begged God for many many times. The capacity to keep my mouth shut when my words will matter little. God never listens and I'm always suffering from bouts of foot in mouth.. Maybe He's getting even with me for daring to question his existance, or proving that he doesn't exist...hmm now. I am 41, yet I am unnerved by those who will remain silent at a time when the truth needs to be stated the most. These are people who'd trade their souls for a comfortable place in the shade and it isn't just about me and those I know. It is what affects the world as I see it today. Hypocrisy.

I always thought honest was nice. I thought justice delayed was justice denied. I thought to allow oneself to be wronged is worse than doing another wrong. I thought stating the truth as one knows it is one’s duty AND right. I thought to be silent when the truth, however insignificant, is being mauled is a crime. I must sue those who gave me these values when they mean nothing in the real world. Real World...what an oxymoron!

What makes a situation worse? The truth or burying the truth so there is ‘peace’? Sigh, if I haven’t found out in 41 years, is there any chance that I ever will?

5 comments:

CAT said...

I agree with the intent of the post and the sentiments,I have only ONE thing to say.....AT TIMES saying the truth/saying it as it is makes most profound , inmost ,yielding, compelling impact when we choose an opportune moment/situation to reveal it!

A.I. said...

I am also divinely denied the virtue of patience to wait for 'opportune moments'. It is a handicap, most definitely.

CAT said...

Handicaps can be overcome :).

On a more serious note, I have always preferred forthright (my Dad,bless him, was one) over embellishing the truth. But I also believe in "RESERVING" my opinion to regurgitate later. Maybe we can learn a thing or 2 from bovines :D

A.I. said...

Yeah and what comes after all the ruminating would be worthwhile fuel or manure. Makes sense.

So moo to that!

CAT said...

:D

Its not all bull,thats for sure!!